What We Do
Engaging government and philanthropy, the Task Force is enhancing anchor institution practices by:
- Bringing together scholars, university presidents and other leaders in higher education, and practitioners;
- Increasing cooperation and alignment among government, anchor institutions, businesses, schools, community organizations and philanthropy;
- Developing strategies to promote interagency government collaboration;
- Providing tools for anchor institutions to enhance their societal missions, address local needs, as well as strengthen democratic, mutually beneficial partnerships between institutions of higher education, schools, and community based organizations;
- Providing tools for anchor institutions to help students develop as democratic citizens who are lifelong contributors to communities and the nation’s well-being.
- Complementing philanthropic strategies to support and strengthen vulnerable communities.
More About the Task Force: