Founded in 2000. Marga Incorporated (www.margainc.com) is a New York City-based consulting firm, working nationally and internationally at times, which provides strategic advice and research to philanthropic initiatives and community partnerships. Marga coordinates a couple of longstanding ongoing initiatives – The Anchor Institutions Task Force and the Race and Equity in Philanthropy Group. Marga is also a learning partner to a few other ongoing initiatives. The company’s work is grounded in the principles of strategic planning informed by qualitative and quantitative research. Marga engages in numerous client projects with foundations, universities, associations, collaborative initiatives, and other agencies of all shapes and sizes representing various sectors.
Marga’s Research Assistants provide research support to Marga Incorporated’s various projects. This can include qualitative and quantitative methods for a varied array of client accounts or ongoing initiatives.
A successful Research Assistant demonstrates proficiency in completing the following activities:
- Remain available to provide background research for select Marga Inc. projects (research could include developing questionnaires, conducting phone interviews, developing surveys, administering surveys, gathering and analyzing survey or interview results, developing literature reviews, developing case studies, and others)
- Assist Marga’s President in developing publications (this could include drafting segments of publications, formatting manuscripts, organizing references, etc.)
- Revise draft publications based on feedback from Marga’s President, other Marga staff, and/or clients
- Investigate background on relevant initiatives and compose summary findings
- Consistently and effectively meet deadlines
- Demonstrate outstanding writing skills
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area with substantive alignment with Marga Incorporated’s work
- A demonstrated interest in a field relevant to Marga’s work (i.e. philanthropy, community and economic development, strategic planning, etc.)
- Effective writing and editing skills
- Some background in conducting qualitative or quantitative research and developing research papers
- Working knowledge of issues related to Marga’s work
About the Job
Research Assistants are hourly employees at a rate of $25 per hour. Work is conducted on an as needed basis. Therefore, timing can vary. Research Assistants are asked to submit hours twice per month.
Marga Incorporated operates virtually. Therefore, all employees and contractors must possess a superior ability to work independently, and exhibit exceptional self-discipline in order to remain focused and achieve intended results. Marga seeks those who can be highly reliable, responsive, and consistent. One is not required to reside in or around New York City to work at Marga Incorporated. However, one should be available, if necessary, for periodic meetings in New York once conditions allow for in person meetings.
How to Apply
To apply for any position at Marga Incorporated, please send a cover letter indicating one’s level of interest and suitability for the position, a writing sample, and a resume to Marga’s President at firstname.lastname@example.org.